You depend on hydraulic cylinders to help you deliver essential goods and services to your customers. Faulty cylinders translate into downtime. That’s lost money and time that you and those who depend on you can’t afford. When you need hydraulic cylinder repair, it makes sense to count on a company with a track record of high-quality repairs, reliable service and effective solutions. That’s exactly what K+S Services delivers: dependable, rigorously-tested hydraulic repair, hydraulic pump repair and more that end downtime and return your production processes to peak efficiency.
K+S Services repairs most manufacturer’s Hydraulic Cylinders
- Single or double end
- Repair / replacement of rods, seals, piston heads, gland nuts, and tubes
- Any diameter up to 14″ and lengths to 18′
- Pressure testing after repair to 3,000 psi
- Replacement seals rated up to 6,000 psi and 500 deg F
All hydraulic cylinders received for repair are disassembled, all components cleaned and inspected, rods are measured for straightness and wear. tubes are measured for wear and the seal / wear band grooves are measured and inspected.
All hydraulic cylinder repairs are dynamically tested to verify proper operation and leak free performance.
Expert Hydraulic Cylinder Repair
Cylinders are what is known as a “linear” actuator. Their basic operation is to move something in and out or up and down. The particular cylinder below is a “tie rod” type cylinders with “trunions” so that it can can pivot in it’s application. This cylinder is also an “oil or hydraulic” cylinder. The two basic cylinder configurations are “tie rod” and “mill” types. A tie rod cylinder has it’s end cap and seal gland cap held to the tube via tie rods. A mill cylinder has no end cap because it is a welded construction with the seal gland normally a screw in configuration. Cylinders can be used with oil, air, or water depending on their application and design. They also come in numerous shapes and sizes (bore and stroke) depending on their application.
You can find cylinders in virtually all industries. Another place to look in in the mobile industry. Large cylinders are used as shock absorbers on the large Quarry or Mining trucks, and on bulldozers, endloaders, etc. for various functions. They can also be found in the entertainment industry.
Accountability and Reliability
From the moment you contact K+S Services for hydraulic cylinder repair services, we dedicate our efforts to ensuring that you receive your parts back in exceptional working condition. The result is a cylinder that meets or exceeds OEM specifications and performs according to its original pressure rating. Our included Repair and Testing Report is complete with several key details for your review:
- Problems identified
- Parts repair or replaced
- Testing details, duration and results
- Probable root cause of failure
- Recommended installation instructions
Some of the Hydraulic Cylinder and Servo Actuator brands we service and repair include: Anker-Holth, Boxtel-Holland, Caterpillar, Graco, Hanna, Hydroline, Instrom, Kress, Komatsu, Lynair, Miller Milwaukee, MTS, Moog, Nopak, Rexroth, Sheffer, Tomkins and more.
Our ISO 9001:2015 Certified Process
We use an eight-step ISO 9001:2015 certified process for all hydraulic repairs. Not only that, our online customer portal allows you to track the progress of each job. From the receipt of your faulty cylinder to shipping the tested and repaired component back to your facility, you can access current information about each repair order you’ve entrusted to K+S Services.
- Receiving: We remove your cylinder from its packaging, photograph it and record it in our repair tracking system. This innovative system captures technical, customer and order-specific information, ensuring that no details are lost and our skilled technicians understand your repair needs. Next, we place a tracking barcode on your cylinder to ensure that up-to-date information is always available for your repairs.
- Evaluation: Your part is transported to our evaluation and triage area. There, our technicians evaluate the part to diagnose the root cause of failure. With this information, they determine the right repair and test measures to return your cylinder to functionality.
- Quoting: After diagnosis is complete, our customer service representatives reach out to you. They’ll provide a Failure Analysis Report with details the cause of the problem, plus a repair quote for review and approval.
- Approval: Once you’ve approved the repairs, our repair order tracking system is updated. Your repair is added into our workflow and assigned to a technician with the skills and expertise for your component.
- Repair: During this portion of the process, technicians perform repair and testing. Faulty components and high-failure components are replaced to guarantee function and improve reliability. Your part is then tested with our associated closed loop test system.
- Quality testing: After hydraulic cylinder testing has been completed, our repair order tracking system contacts an operations supervisor. This individual observes the part’s operation, verifying that it runs without fault in our test system.
- Testing and repair reports: An operations supervisor also reviews hydraulic cylinder repair and test reports before authorizing your component for release. This Repair and Testing Report is included with your return shipment.
- Return shipping: Once repairs are finished, our order tracking system contacts our shipping department. Your specific shipping requirements are relayed to the team, who packs your repairs in anti-static bags and insta-pak foam packaging. Through this careful process, your deliveries arrive damage-free every time.
Contact Us Today
For more than 35 years, K+S Services has specialized in providing clients like you with standard maintenance, during breakdowns and for other critical situations. We help companies in a wide range of fields with industrial services and automation repair for precision machining, electronics, robotics, AC/DC drives, spindles and more. Through our network of repair operations throughout the United State, Canada, Mexico and Europe, we support businesses around the globe with fast response times and superior grade service. Learn how we can help with your hydraulic system repair by requesting a quote today.